We subscribe to the best fundraising practice guidelines provided by the Institute of Fundraising and The Fundraising Regulator. Our Moon fully subscribes to The Data Protection Act (1998), The E-communications Act (2003) and The Charities Act (2016).
We will never intentionally misuse or allow others to misuse any personal data it collects or holds.
What information we collect and how we collect it
We may collect or receive personal information about you whenever you interact with us, for example when you:
Give us information directly by:
- visiting or completing a form on our website
- donating to us offline and completing a paper donation form
- signing up for or applying for a place in a challenge event via our website
- subscribing to our mailing list or responding to one of our mailings
- requesting information from us
- contacting us, or becoming involved with us in any other way than as stated above
Give us information indirectly by:
- making an online donation or purchasing a ticket for an event via third-party fundraising/donation-processing websites such as Enthuse, Benevity, CAF Giving, Eventbrite or Facebook.
The information we may collect from the above interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, and/or mobile number, along with your preferences as to how we should contact you in the future
- Financial information which you give to us, including your gift aid/taxpayer status
- Records of your donation history and correspondence with us
- Information you provide via forms on our website, such as your date of birth
- Details of your visit to our website, including technical information such as the IP address you use to access the website, your browser type and version
- Other details relevant to your communications with us including your reasons for supporting us.
We will use your personal information in a number of ways, including for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information you have requested
- Fundraise in accordance with our policies and procedures
- To administer your donation, including sending a thank you email or letter, and for Gift Aid processing
- Keeping a record of your relationship with us
- To send you our e-newsletters if you have subscribed to our mailing list or opted-in to receive further communications from us via email
- To maintain our organisational records and ensure we have your most up-to-date marketing and communications preferences.
We don’t currently collect cookies.
Our Moon does not routinely collect any personal information from a minor (under 16s). However, supporters of all ages may be interested in supporting our work. If you are under 16 and would like to get involved, please ensure you have the consent of your parent or guardian before giving us your personal information.
How we use your data
We only send you emails, including our newsletter, if you have given us your consent or if we need to contact you for administrative purposes. You can unsubscribe to our emails at any time, by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all our emails, or by getting in touch with email@example.com.
We may use your postal address to thank you for your donation(s). This is mainly where we do not have an email address or you unsubscribed from our email communications. Exceptionally, it might be to send a Christmas card or thank you note.
We use your telephone number to provide information, including fundraising, if we have consent from you to do so. We will not contact you by telephone if you are registered on the Telephone Preferential Service (TPS) unless we have a specific opt-in from you for us to contact you by telephone or the call is of the administrative nature. We will not use your number to send SMS.
We do not allow for any third parties to sell, trade or rent this data or use it for anything other than what they are contracted to do, or store the data over a long-term period.
We carry out research using publicly available information which allows our fundraising team to communicate with our supporters in an individual, engaging and tailored way. As a result, we can send our supporters information which falls in line with their interests and priorities, and reduce the amount of unwanted or irrelevant communications sent to our donors.
Get in touch
We strive to be transparent and open and, of course, we could not carry out our vital work without the financial backing of our supporters. If you wish to discuss any of this further, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated August 2023